ACCEL Energyis a sustainability-focused energy company, which utilizes a synthesis of conventional systems and novel industrial processes to deliver increased carbon, waste and energy-efficiency in hydrocarbon extraction, refining and end-use.
An exciting opportunity exists for an Instrumentation Technician to work at our Greater Swan Hills Field and Facility locations. The successful candidate will report to our Foreman, Maintenance.
- Repair and troubleshooting instrumentation and control equipment on new or existing oil and gas process equipment and processes
- Inspections and testing of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments
- Installing process control instrumentation including transmitters, controllers, analyzers and control valves
- Day-to-day maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electrical power systems and process control equipment, including Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS), heat trace, electric actuated valve’s and other associated equipment
- DCS programming and troubleshooting (PLC), control software and human-machine interface systems
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance work and completion of test and maintenance reports
- Ensure activities are in compliance with all company and regulatory standards, policies and procedures
- Minimum five years’ experience as a qualified Electrical or Instrumentation Tradesperson
- Preference will be given to dual ticket Electrician and Instrumentation Tradesperson in an energy and or heavy industrial environment
- Knowledge and experience troubleshooting the following equipment and systems: Allen Bradley, Delta V, Bailey, Floboss, SCADA Pack RTUs as well as utilizing multimeters, Meggar Loop calibrators, and other related test equipment
- Experience working with Artificial Lift VFD & ESP (Baker Hughes / Schlumberger preferred) and Industrial Network experience (Device Net, DH+, Ethernet, and Modbus)
- Knowledge of applicable provincial and federal regulations / codes
- Possess high degree of initiative, creativity, communication skills, self-supervision, and respect for safety requirements
- Provide 24 hour on-call support on a rotating basis