ACCEL Energy is a sustainability-focused energy company, which utilizes a synthesis of conventional systems and novel industrial processes to deliver increased carbon, waste and energy-efficiency in hydrocarbon extraction, refining and end-use
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Gas Plant Operator to work at our Judy Creek Gas Plant facility in Whitecourt, AB. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring reliability of the facility’s production capabilities by operating and monitoring critical plant equipment while adhering to and enforcing company safety policies and procedures. The candidate will also assist and coordinate with maintenance personnel in the planning, management and scheduling of projects and shutdowns.
Our facilities are 24-hour operations and the role(s) cover 12-hour day and night shifts on a rotating 7 on / 7 off cycle.
Qualifications & Experience
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate and / or completion of Gas Process Operations Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution
- A minimum of 3 years gas plant operating experience
- Preference will be given to those with prior work experience in a facility with condensate stabilization, treaters, amine sweetening, dehydration, NGL fractionation, compression, fired heaters and product storage
- Prior operating experience in a gas processing facility an asset
- Sulphur recovery experience
- Current H2S Alive, WHMIS, T.D.G, and First Aid
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driving abstract
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with Avocet an asset
- Ability to work both day and night shifts
- Good communication skills and works well in a team atmosphere
ACCEL Energy has a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary structure commensurate with skills and experience.